Decorate your home next Christmas with these Santa coasters! These jolly coasters work perfectly for your cozy hot cocoa mugs. Also, the Christmas colors add joy and spirit to the desk!
‘Tis the season to crochet Santa coasters!
If you are thinking of crocheting some secret santa gifts, this coaster would work great! A santa coaster from your secret santa!
- Cotton yarn in Red, Black, White, and Yellow
- 4mm crochet hook
- Yarn needle
- Slip knot
- Chain (ch)
- Single crochet (sc)
- Half double crochet (hdc)
- Back Loops Only (BLO)
- Chain 1 and turn at the end of each row
- Number at the end of each row in () indicates the number of total stitches
- Feel free to post photos of your work, sell your finished creations, and tag me @MoreThanKnots. I’d love to see it!
Start using the Red yarn
Row 1: slip knot, ch15, hdc in the 2nd chain from the hook (14)
Row 2-4: hdc across BLO (14)
Change to Black yarn
Row 5-6: hdc across BLO (14)
Change to Red yarn
Row 7-10: hdc across BLO (14)
Slip stitch and finish off
Using the White color
Start near the end. Ch1, sc across, when you reach the corner (sc, ch1, sc) in the corner.
Using the Yellow color
Insert the hook near the black edge in the center and sc through the coaster. Create a rectangle / the belt buckle as you sc through the coaster.
Next time you enjoy a hot cup of cocoa during a cozy December afternoon, make sure to crochet and use your Santa coasters!