FREE French Fries Crochet Pattern | Keychain Pattern
Exercise? … I thought you said EXTRA FRIES!
An easy and quick pattern that can either be a fun toy or turned into a keychain! If you speak French Fries, then this fries crochet is for you!
Finished Size: 5 cm
- Medium weight yarn in Red and Yellow
- 2 mm Hook
- Yarn Needle
- Keychain (optional)
- Slip knot
- Chain Stitch (Ch)
- Slip stitch (st st)
- Single Crochet (Sc)
- Increase (Inc)
- Decrease (Dec)
- You will be crocheting 9 pieces
- Red box
- 8 fries in different sizes
- The box is worked in continuous rounds
- When working in the round, place a stitch marker on the 1st stitch of each round to keep track of the rounds
- The fries are later put inside the red box and sewn together
- Feel free to post photos of your work, sell your finished creations, and tag me @MoreThanKnots. I’d love to see it!
- You can buy the ad-free, downloadable, printable PDF pattern in my Etsy shop HERE.
- You can pin to pinerest HERE.
Using the red yarn
Round 1: Slip knot, ch 10. Starting from the 2nd chain from the hook, 8 sc across, 3 sc inc in the 9th chain, 7 sc across, inc (20)
Round 2-6: *Sc* all around (20)
Round 7: 1 Sc, turn, 10 sc, turn (10)
Round 8: Dec, 6 sc, dec (8)
Round 9: Skip the first stitch. Sl st in the 2nd stitch and then *sl st* across (7).
Finish off and weave in the end.
Fries x 8
Using the yellow yarn, repeat the below pattern for all the fry pieces.
Round 1: Slip knot, ch 10. Starting from the 2nd chain from the hook, *sl st* all around (18).
Finish off and weave in the ends.
For different french fry sizes:
- Two small fry pieces: Slip knot, ch 10. You’ll end up with 18 slip stitches all around.
- Four medium fry pieces: Slip knot, ch 12. You’ll end up with 22 slip stitches all around.
- Two large fry pieces: Slip knot, ch 14. You’ll end up with 26 slip stitches all around.
Put the fry pieces in the red box (long fry pieces in the back). Once you have a shape that you are pleased with, use the red yarn to sew the pieces together by inserting the needle from the front to the back making sure you sew through the french fry pieces a few times to secure them. Weave in the red yarn afterwards. Add a keychain to one corner of the red box (optional).
Time fries when you’re crocheting a piece you love! … okay… I am officially done with the french fry puns, I promise!
If you do love fries as much as I do and enjoyed this pattern, let me know in the comments below!