It has been scientifically proven that it takes about 2 months to build a habit (66 days to be exact).
Tracking habits is by far my FAVORITE thing to do, and to be honest, my most consistent journaling element EVER! I try my best to maintain a set of habits to track, but still try to add new habits every now and then to spice things up. Some habits stick, while others I give up on.
I track habits for 2 reasons.
1) To remind and motivate myself to do the things that I need to be doing
2) To look back on my progress; what are the habits that I am able to keep and what are those I am having a hard time with? This way I can point successful habits out and habits that I need to let go off (let’s face it, I would never be able stick to an “exercise every day” habit).
If you are trying to build some habits and track them in your bullet journal, below is a list of almost every aspect you can track! Here goes…
44 Habits to Track in Your Bullet Journal
- Wake up early
- Sleep before midnight
- Take Medication
- Brush teeth
- Eat healthy
- Wash face
- Wash Hair
- No biting nails
- Period tracking
- Skin-Care Routine
- Hair Mask
- Drink Water
- No soft drinks
- No coffee
- No Fast Food
- Eat 3 meals
Around the House
- Tidy Up
- Dish Free Sink
- Make the Bed
- Water Plants
Hobbies / Activities
- Do Yoga
- Take a Walk
- Work on Blog / Pinterest / Website / etc.
- Learn a foreign launguage
- Learn a new skill
- Call a family member
- Intimate time with your partner
- Random act of kindness
- Be thankful / practice gratitude
- Donate to charity
- No Facebook (or other social media app)
- No money spent
What You Do NOT Want to Track
Tracking is all fun and games until things get out of hand. Here are things that you do NOT want to happen while tracking habits:
- Make sure not to overwhelm yourself. I love a good habit tracker as much as the next person, but you definitely do not want this tracker to burn you out. Select the habits that you really (I mean reaaaallyyy) want to commit to.
- Go for habits that are challenging. If you do not drink soda already, there is no point of adding that to your monthly habit tracker. Sure it would be fun to color through that, but you want a challenge, not a habit that comes easy for you.
I only listed 44 habits, but really, the sky is the limit with this one. It’s really all about you and the habits that you want to introduce to your own life.
Let me know what habits you are tracking in the comments below!
Also, if you are looking for a FREE Habit Tracker tempate, check out my post: Free Habit Tracker.