If you have not played or heard of Among Us, where were you the past 2 years?
Among Us is an online mltiplayer game that was released in 2018, but actually became massively popular in 2019! It is inspire by the party game Mafia, and well people were in quarantine so there was basically nothing else to do than play this fun game!
If you ever wanted to create your own Among Us character, well, you are in the right place!
Measrements: 3″ tall by 1.7″ wide
- Cotton yarn in 3 colors (main color, black, and light blue)
- 2 mm hook
- Yarn Needle
- Stitch marker (optional)
- Keychain ring (optional)
- MR – magic ring
- sc – single crochet
- blc – back hoop only
- flo – front loop only
- sl st – slip stitch
- inc – increase: 2 sc in 1 stitch
- dec – decrease: 1 sc in 2 stitches
- * * – repeat the sequence
- Rnd – Round
- The ( ) at the end of each round / row states the total number of stitches that should be completed for that round / row.
- Rounds are worked with the continious rounds technique.
- When working in the round, place a stitch marker on the 1st stitch of each round to keep track of rounds.
- You can use any yarn to make these characters. If you use a larget hook and a suitable yarn, the charcters will be bigger.
- These characters can be turned into keychains by adding a keychain ring on top of the crewmate.
Using the main color
Round 1: 6sc in MR (6)
Round 2: *inc* all around (12)
Round 3: *sc* all around BLO (12)
Round 4-6: *sc* all around (12)
Cut the yarn and finish off ONE leg only. In the 2nd leg do NOT cut the yarn.
Round 7: 4sc in the first leg, ch2, join to the second leg with a sc, 11sc around, 2sc on the other side of the ch2, 8sc around the first leg (28)
Round 8-20: *sc* all around (28)
Adding stuffing and make sure the stuffing goes inside the two legs.
Round 21: *5sc, dec* all around (24)
Round 22: *2sc, dec* all around (18)
Round 23: *sc, dec* all around (12)
Add additional stuffing and finish off.
When sewing, sew from the inside of the round to the outside, passing through the front loop of the stitch. After going inside all of the stitches, pull tight and secure it.
Using the main color
Round 1: slip stitch, ch11, sc in the 2nd chain from the hook, 8sc across, inc, 9sc on the other side of the chain (20)
Round 2: *sc* all around BLO (20)
Round 3-10: *sc* all around (20)
Round 11: 10sc in BLO
Finish off and leave a long tail. Stuff lightly and sew closed.
When sewing, insert the needle through the back loop of one side and then through the two loops of the other side.
Using the light blue color
Row 1: slip stitch, ch8, sc in the 2nd chain from the hook, 7sc across (7), ch1 and turn
Row 2-3: 7sc across (7), ch1 and turn
Row 4: 7sc across (7) – continue in the round with 3sc on the side, 7sc across, and 3sc on the side (20)
Change to black yarn
Round 5: *sc* all around (20)
Finish off, and leave a long tail to sew it on the body. Add a bit of stuffing before you close it.
Sew all three pieces together and you are done!
The Red crewmate was my go to color! What is your favorite crewmate color??